1.23.2014

In the corner...


This corner in our dining room has changed frequently over the past two years, but I think we've finally hit on the right fit with this antique table. Show Dog appears to like it, eh? I still need to find a top for it, but for now it's piled with things that we use often: Scrabble, books and sewing pins.


We found it when we were cleaning out the loft in our barn. I finally hauled it out a few months ago and cleaned it off. A little spray paint and wooohoooo! A new-to-us table!


Here are a few other things that have lived in this corner. EZ E's office that he got for his birthday...


A giant cardboard house...




another chair that lives in this room now...


and a couple of plants that I tried to keep alive...


You may have noticed that my pressed penny collection is finally a full circle, too. Quite literally cha-cha-change (sorry, I couldn't help myself). 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

jay! so glad about your 2014 resolution! welcome back

Handbags*and*Pigtails said...

Ive always loved your pressed penny circle. Such a great use for them(my girls have the books that they're working on filling but really...who gets to see those?) Your idea is much better :)

Dana said...

Welcome back! It's fun to see all the changes, and also comforting to know that I am not the only on who keeps tweaking things.

Jen said...

Abbey - so glad you are back! Love Show Dog's bed!

Michelle Simon said...

I too love Show Dog's bed and am curious if it's a one of a kind find, a handmade creation, or maybe (just maybe) something that has scores of identicals. My canine pal has had three beds that not-so-unexpectady exploded into pillowy clouds of chewy goodness, which means that I'm on the lookout for something durable (but still nice to look at).

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Thanks so much, everyone! @Michelle- Show Dog's bed is from Homegoods. The brand is LAVA. It's help up really well (although you can't unzip it to wash). I hope you find one! :)

Ashley said...

how did you hang the pennies?? i have a huge collection and LOVE that idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...